Pages

Going country, Christmas, Roadtrip, New years.

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Hey guys,
So due to my being busy for the past two weeks straight, I have a hefty amount of things to write about. There will be three blog posts about the end of 2013, which I will need to get out of the way.
Also happy new years and welcome to 2014, I hope this year is a good one to you.
 
December was a bit of a hectic month for me. I went away three times, and in between those times I had a packed schedule. full of birthdays and Christmas celebrations. So this is to discus those.
So lets get started.
 
GOING COUNRTY.
This year, just before Christmas, I got to spend some time with my Dad, and his side of the family. They live on a farm about eight/nine hours away from me, so I don't get to see them all that often. But I got to spend six days with them before Christmas, so I could celebrate with them.
I do enjoy visiting them, considering they live on a farm and I get to be amongst their cattle, and even got to help them hand feed one of their calves.
Another thing I enjoy about going up there is that it's relaxing and away from the busyness of the city.
 
CHRISTMAS.
After flying home on Christmas eve, eve. We drove to Christmas eve at a member of my Mum's side of the family. A tradition that has taken place since before I was born, I got to see a couple of my cousins that I haven't seen in a long time (two of which have recently come back from living on the UK)
Christmas eve was followed by Christmas day lunch at my Aunts, down the coast. And boxing day up the mountains, seeing different parts of the family in each place.
All around it was a good a Christmas 'week'.




 
ROADTRIP/NEW YEARS.
This year for new years eve, I decided I wanted to get out of the city for new years eve. Sydney gets very busy, so its nice to get away from it all every now and then.
So me and a friend hoped in the car and headed down the coast, and back to my aunts house. They live five minutes from the beach and live in a little community, far from the bity city lights of Sydney. We got to spend five days there, relaxing in the sun, swimming at the beach and bringing in the new year with my family and down on the beach.
I don't regret getting out of the city for the new year.
We also got to see some on the local sightseeing spots. including the sea bridge, which is a new bridge built in replacement of an old one, that kept getting stuck in rock fall. and the abandoned train tunnel, that used to house the train line.










 
So that was my holiday season. I hope you all had a good holiday season and have a great start to 2014.
 
xx Kat
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS