Pages

A tropical summer vacation in Fiji.

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Hey guys,
So summer has hit Sydney and so I decided to have a bit of a tropical, island holiday with my best friend of 17 years. A few months ago we decided that we wanted to get out of Sydney for a week and just find a place to relax and unwind, after a long year of things we had overcome.
 
So at 7o'clock on Friday the 6th of December we headed to the airport and started our half a day journey to Fiji's Nadi international airport. One plus side of picking Fiji is that it didn't really throw out our sleeping patterns as they are only two hours ahead of Sydney, But it still meant we lost some time of our Friday.

 
Once we landed we headed straight to the resort we were staying at. On the hour long drive I took in the surrounding landscape. It reminded me a lot of my time on Samoa, which I went on a school trip to 5 years ago. The whole atmosphere reminded me a lot of my time there, which was a nice reminder of  the amazing time I had there.
We were met with beautiful, lush vegetation and mild warm weather. A large difference form Sydney, which had been going through rather dramatic weather changes.
 







 
There's nothing like spending an entire week relaxing at a resort on a tropical island. Whilst we didn't do much exploring off of the grounds of our resort we did get to immerse ourselves in the Fijian lifestyle. Like getting to watch some traditional dances, enjoying local food and drinks and swimming in the crystal clear water that was just outside our room.
 
I think this holiday was good for both of us. It was a nice little break from home, and a good chance to get away from it all before the craziness of Christmas starts.
 
I hope you are all having a great holiday season so far. I am off to pack my bags once again and go on a countryside trip to visit my grandparents.
 
xx Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS