Pages

Birthdays.

Monday 2 May 2016

The milestone of every year that represents us getting one year older than we were. 

Today was mine.

Now I must admit, now that I am older I don't quite get excited about it like I did when I was a kid. I find that other people are more excited about it than I am personally, but I wouldn't be able to tell you why that is. Maybe the thought of growing up just frightens me, and I wish that I could be like Peter Pan and the lost boys, and never grow up.

That's not to say that I am truly appreciative of the people who made my day better and filled it with the extra sunshine that one deserves on their special day.

To my family for cheering me up all day and singing happy birthday to me on the phone multiple times.

To my roommate who went out of her way to make me and ice cream cake, of which she is the first person (Outside of my family) to ever make me a cake.

To the girls I work with back home for sending me pictures of the dogs from work with their messages, it cheered me up and made me feel a little bit homesick.

And to everyone who went out of their way to say Happy Birthday, I'm not sure I deserve it from some of you, but thank you anyway.

I hope you all had a wonderful Monday, and that someone puts that little bit of sunshine into your day, like you all deserve.

xx Kat 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS