Pages

Finding the unknown in a place I know best.

Sunday 27 April 2014

Hey guys,
I just got back from my easter holiday break and I had a blast. I don't feel like I really got to relax, like I had hoped to do. But I did get to catch up with a bunch of people and got to have a bit of adventure as well.

One of my friends from America came and stayed whilst we are on holidays, so I got to play tour guide and tourist in my own home town, which was exciting for me.

He had heard about a boat that had a mangrove on it, so we ventured out and found it.

These boats are known as the Shipwrecks of Homebush Bay. They are floating mangroves. These boats were here because it used to be a shipwreck yard. Each of these boats were used in the wars, and now only smaller parts, of each of the four boats that sit here, remain. 












These boats look amazing and I found it fascinating that I had never seen or heard of them before. I find it unbelievable that I have never heard of them before. But I am glad that I hadn't heard of them ever before because it meant that I got a little adventure in a place that I know so much of. 

We also ate at two themed restaurants. One being outback steakhouse, which my friend was excited about. And the other was Beached Burrito company, my all time favourite mexican place.




All in all it was a good trip home. Finding new things and having fun. And eating lots of food. 

xx Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS