Pages

A letter to my 16 year old self.

Monday 4 May 2015

With my official turning of 22 having happened I thought today I would write a letter to my 16 year old self. 

So here goes.

Dear 16 year old Kat,
Right now you are probably sitting in one of your 11th grade classes, daydreaming about getting out of the classroom and having grand adventure in the great big world, something that you still do to this day.
Hold onto that dream, it will lead you to trying new things and even making the biggest decision of your life so far, which is moving away from home to study at University, something you never thought you would do. 
There are so many things I wish I could tell you, things that you keep you safe and protected for some of the oncoming tough times that you are yet to experience. I wish I could tell you about the people who will eventually let you down and those who you no longer trust at all, even if you wouldn't believe me. Sometimes even I don't believe what some of things are, and they have already happened to me.
But let me tell you this is does get better, no matter how silly that sounds, it does.
Eventually we make the right choices, ones that are good for ourselves, even if it takes that one final push, we make some hard decisions, but they are the right ones.
Firstly don't let people push you around and tell you what to do, or how to act. Also don't let people tell you what to like/what not to like. These people aren't important in the long run and are not good for you. 
Eventually you do find the right people to hang out with, a certain few who you really get along with and that you feel completely comfortable around, even though it took you a bit longer than most, you have an amazing group of new and old friends now that you find comfort in.
Secondly don't give up on any of your dreams, you will and have found a way to further some of your dreams and thats the best thing that you could have possibly done. 
Finally, everything turns out pretty okay, whilst I can't speak for what the future will hold, for now everything is pretty good and you are finally doing something that makes you feel happy and is leading you towards on of your big dreams.
If I could meet you face to face now and tell you all this I would. Some of these things I wish I knew back then, being able to know that some of the worries I held back then are not important anymore would have been a big help.
Just hold on for a little longer
Love 22 year old you.

What are some things that you would tell you younger self?

xx Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS